Below are research administration classes offered by Harvard University and outside sources. Please register on the Harvard Training Portal.
- Chart of Accounts is an introduction to the Harvard Chart of Accounts (CoA) course and provides a framework for understanding the basic University accounting structure. It is also recommended (but not required) that people attend this class prior to taking classes on financial systems.
- Ethics and Accountability workshop provides an understanding of your roles and responsibilities in protecting the University’s resources while promoting an environment consistent with the University’s values and objectives.
- Fraud and the Workplace workshop focuses on the impact of fraud, the characteristics of those who commit fraud and the potential indicators of fraud.
- Overview of Sponsored Projects Administration is a one day workshop covering basic information on Harvard research administration and the lifecycle of a sponsored award.
- Research Excellence in Administration at Harvard Certificate (REACH) program is an interactive and engaging cohort-based certificate program specifically designed for Harvard research administrations. Program currently has two levels: Foundations and Intermediate.
University Online Sponsored Learning Modules:
- Sponsored Programs Administration Overview: Provides a high-level overview of key concepts related to sponsored program administration at Harvard.
- Cost Principles: Introduction to cost principles under the Uniform Guidance, the rules governing how federal funds may be spent on sponsored projects.
- Direct Costs: Course focus is on the most common types of direct costs that are incurred on sponsored projects at Harvard.
- Introduction to Cost Transfers: Introduction to Harvard’s Cost Transfer procedures and the applicability of the OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Harvard's Capital Equipment Policy: Primer on equipment management; background on policy, ordering, receiving, disposition and physical inventory of equipment on sponsored awards.
- Travel and Reimbursement Policy: Overview of Harvard’s travel policy; includes scenario-based examples to understanding the type of business expenses eligible for reimbursement.
Other Sponsored Administration Learning Opportunities
- National Council for University Research Administrators (NCURA) seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Research Administration Discussion Group (RADG) Focused quarterly discussions in Boston on current research administration topics
- Society for Research Administrators (SRA) seminars, workshops and conferences
- Emmanuel College Programs in Research Administration