Beginning in June 2017, a new Segment Closeout process will be implemented to ensure that GMAS provides an up-to-date and accurate record of project segments for internal and external reporting, audit, and compliance purposes.
What segments will be closed?
OSP/SPA will close segments where
- all related subactivities have been disabled and
- the anticipated end date of the segment is nine months in the past.
How often will the segment closeout be done?
- Monthly, during the 3rd – 4th week of the month.
What does this mean to the departments?
- In June, any segment meeting the above criteria with an Anticipated End date prior to September 1, 2016 will be closed. In July, any segent meeting the above criteria with an Anticipated End date prior to October 1, 2016 will be closed, etc.
What do Departments need to do?
- Once closed, a segment cannot be re-opened. So, if a segment that meets the criteria should remain open, submit an extension request in GMAS so that OSP/SPA will know not to close it. This needs to be done by the 10th of the month in which the segment meets the criteria. Contact your SPA GCO or OSP Financial Analyst if you have any questions.
Please respond to any inquiries from your Portfolio Owner or Financial Analyst about open issues such as an outstanding financial report or a pending request so that segments can be closed, as appropriate.