This course will introduce department administrators to effort reporting and the electronic effort reporting and certification system (ecrt), which allows Principal Investigators and Faculty to certify their effort on federally-sponsored projects.
- Introduction to effort and effort reporting
- ecrt roles and responsibilities
- Workflow for certification by Principal Investigators and/or Faculty
- Workflow for Grants Managers to review/monitor overall management of certifications during certification periods
- Best practices during pre-certification review period
- Workflow for Primary Effort Coordinators to monitor process of certifications and assign roles and overrides
This session will include system demos that will first cover Grant Manger responsibilities. The last 30 mins of the session will be devoted to Primary Effort Coordinators and additional aspects of the systems their role needs to utilize.
Intended Audience: Grant Managers with responsibility for assisting faculty during the effort reporting process and anyone in the Primary Effort Coordinator role, new ecrt users and existing users who want a refresher.
Recommended Pre-Work: Review of the University Wide Effort Reporting Policy: http://osp.finance.harvard.edu/effort-reporting-policy Registration: Harvard Training Portal here.See also: Effort Reporting, Managing an Award, Event