The William Randolph Hearst Fund has been established at Harvard Medical School in honor and recognition of the efforts and devotion of Isabelle and Leonard Goldenson and Ethel and Jack Hausman on behalf of handicapped children.
|Next deadline:||Statement of Intent is required. Email email@example.com with statement of intent to apply by Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 5pm.
Full application – Friday, November 13, 2015
|Funding:||Awards of $50,000 will be made for one year, with the possibility of extension to two years for particularly meritorious applications. Funds may be used to supplement support for ongoing research from other sources.|
|Eligibility:||Eligibility is restricted to Research Fellows, Clinical Fellows and Instructors appointed within the Harvard Faculty of Medicine doing research in the area of brain development with particular emphasis on factors important for the prevention of neuromotor disabilities and on the fundamental neurobiological mechanisms that underlie health and disease during the process of development. Faculty at the Assistant Professor level or higher are excluded.|
|Documents:||Download guidelines/instructions here.|
SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH CONTENTS IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER and COMBINE INTO A SINGLE PDF (Note: PDFs must be less than 20 MB in size):
- Application Face Page (see attached)
- Research Content: A project description (not more than 5 pages) should be ordered as follows:
- Specific Aims
- Background and Significance
- Preliminary Data (if any)
- Research Design and Methods
- Bibliography (will not be counted in the five page limit).
- An NIH Biosketch of the applicant
- A budget and justification. Please note that no overhead or administrative expenses are allowed.
- A description of other support, active and pending, with overlap statement with the current proposal
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from current mentor*
NOTE: Animal and Human Subjects: Awardees using either animals or humans in the proposed research must submit an animal protocol and/or IRB approval letter prior to starting the project.
- Email statement of intent to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 13, 2014.
- E-mail the application as a PDF document (<20MB) to email@example.com by Friday, 11.13.15. Use the following subject line/Naming Convention: lastnamefirstnameHearstFY16 (i.e. JonesSusanHearstFY16).
- * Letters of recommendation must be submitted separately directly to the email address above.
- Application must be received on or before Friday, November 13, by 5pm. Any application received after that date/time will not be considered.